We believe that we can create a world without homeless pets.
Our mission is to make high-quality spay/neuter and veterinary care affordable and accessible to all pet owners. We know that by providing spay neuter we are reducing the number of unwanted litters in our community. We believe that every pet needs and deserves high-quality veterinary care to keep them healthy and happy for their entire lives.
What We Do
Spay Neuter Charlotte operates three non-profit clinics in Charlotte, Pineville and Lake Norman to ensure all pet owners have access to spay/neuter services and veterinary care for their pets. Our clinics are staffed by licensed, trained veterinarians and veterinary technicians and assistants.
- Spay/neuter, cryptorchid and hernia repair surgeries
- Annual wellness check ups
- 1 and 3 Year Rabies vaccinations
- Feline FVRCP, FeLV vaccinations
- Canine DA2PP, Bordetella vaccinations
- Feline FeLV/FIV testing
- Heartworm testing
- Heartworm and flea prevention
- Heartworm treatment (at select locations)
- Routine dentals (at select locations)
- Soft tissue surgery (mass removal, cherry eye, entropian)
- Senior care (at select locations)
- Skin and ear diagnosis and treatment
- Radiology (at select locations)
- In-house bloodwork and urinalysis
If we do not offer a service you need for your pet, we are happy to refer you to a full-service provider in your area.
What is Spay/Neuter?
Fixing your pet will prevent unwanted litters and will also improve the long term health of your dog or cat.
A spay is a surgery that removes the ovaries and uterus from a female animal. It prevents your female animal from going into heat and eliminates the possibility of ovarian and uterine infection and cancer. Spaying can also prevent mammary gland tumors. A neuter is a surgery that removes the testicles from the scrotal sac from a male animal. It prevents testicular tumors and infections in male dogs and can also reduce aggressiveness and roaming behaviors.